The most common questions we get from our clients
After your first trimester, with a release from your doctor, absolutely! Pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician, and obtain a written release before using. We will require a copy of that release. Spray tanning is not normally contraindicated when a mask or nose filters are used. But each pregnancy is different, your medical care provider may prefer a more cautious approach based on your specific needs and health concerns.
Unfortunately, we can't spray tan over a sunburn or if you've had a sunburn recently. The damaged skin tans very differently than the rest of your body and will result in what looks like a tie-dye type tan.
Any manicures, pedicures, or waxing must be completed 48 hours BEFORE your appointment. Scroll down for our Tan Care page to find out the proper steps that need to be followed to prepare for your spray tan. You will also receive prep instructions in your email when you book your appointment.
The entire process takes about 20-30 minutes, from start to finish, including your initial consultation.
The typical spray tan will last 7-10 days with proper care and upkeep. It is important to follow the steps listed under Tan Care below to get the best quality tan possible.
No, absolutely not! Our solution is made of the highest quality, naturally derived ingredients. All of our technicians have also been trained and certified in spray tan artistry and color theory to be able to blend and apply the perfect solution for your skin tone!
Get a pedicure? At least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Get waxed? 48 hours prior to your appointment.
Color my hair? At least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
ONE WEEK BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Discontinue the use of retinols. These will cause uneven development. If this is unavoidable, ask to skip your face. You can always match it with makeup.
24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR SESSION
EXFOLIATE. EXFOLIATE. EXFOLIATE.
Pre-session exfoliation is the first step to achieving flawless spray tanning results. It is best to clear away dry, dead skin cells with an exfoliating mitt. We have a great one, made just for sunless tans! This will polish and prep the skin to ensure a smooth canvas, even development, and long lasting wear.
PRO TIPS TO PREP FOR THE PERFECT TAN
Avoid using big brand bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in-shower moisturizers. Be sure to complete any waxing, shaving, or use of depilatory creams no later than 24 hours prior to your session. Do not use any Dove, Ivory, or Bath & Body Works products. Dove products leave a residue on your skin that directly leads to a blotchy tan. Ivory and Bath & Bodyworks products raise your body’s pH. We carry a great line of ultra moisturizing soaps and lotions made specifically for spray tans!
As you prepare for your sunless tan, be sure to wear loose-fitting, dark clothing and no jewelry. If the weather calls for rain, make sure to wear long sleeves and loose pants. Tight clothing can run or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, chest, and waist. Please don't wear jeans, leggings, yoga pants, or anything that is snug against the skin. As for your spray tan appointment, you can wear as little as you are comfortable with. The majority of our clients just wear a thong. Before you head to your appointment, there are some important “don’ts” you won’t want to ignore. Deep penetration of the solution is key to a beautiful, lasting color.
Don’t create a sunless barrier by applying anything to the skin. Avoid applying lotions, deodorants, creams, or perfumes on the day of your session. If you must, use deodorant sparingly (but we prefer you don’t wear it). Don’t wear any makeup to your sunless tan appointment, if unavoidable, remove it prior to your spray tan.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for at least 5 hours. This includes tighter-fitting jeans, bras, spandex, tight blouses and shoes/socks.
- Swimming, showering, and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 12 hours, as sweating or chlorine can inhibit the development of your tan.
- Do not shave for 24 hours after your appointment.
- Put your perfume on your clothing, not your skin. The alcohol eats away the spray tan and it will look patchy.
- Do not wear long boots after tanning, as these can make your tan patchy on your legs. Flip flops are best.
- DO NOT PEE IN THE SHOWER! Your urine will stop the development of the tan where it touches your body, and you will have streaks down your legs.
- Moisturize regularly. Using a quality oil-free lotion twice a day will lengthen the life of your tan. We carry a full line of products so you can get the most out of your sunless tan!
- Avoid long, hot baths and showers, as these speed up exfoliation. Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
- If swimming, use an oil-free, waterproof sunblock to keep the chlorine or saltwater from lightening your tan.
- Start a fresh new razor for shaving.
- Put perfume on your clothing instead of your skin. The alcohol in the perfume eats away at the tan and it will look patchy.
- If you will be sweating, powder your body. This will help the tan from being worn off too quickly. We carry a great body powder that smells fantastic and is spray tan safe!